This policy is an Addendum to the existing Fees policy.
This policy is necessary as the Government has decided that pre-school should remain open for all children during the current lockdown. We appreciate that our families have different needs and priorities so some may decide they do not wish/need their children to attend at this time. However pre-school still has ongoing running costs such as rent, insurance, utilities etc that have to be paid in order for pre-school to remain sustainable in the future.
If the child is not attending during this period of time but parents wish to retain the place the following applies:
1. The parent must notify Ridings Pre-School immediately if they decide their child will not be attending during the lockdown period.
2. Where the child’s hours are fully funded from Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire County Council are presently continuing to pay the funding for these children, the parent needs to confirm they wish to retain the place for the child to return to in the future.
3. Where the child’s hours are part paid for by the parent and part funded from Derbyshire County Council
- If the parent wishes to retain the hours for which they pay fees a retainer charge of £5 per week is payable to secure these hours. If the parent wishes to do this they must notify pre-school of this otherwise we cannot guarantee these hours will be available when the child returns.
- The portion of fees funded by Derbyshire County Council will continue to be paid in the same way.
4. Where the child’s hours are fully paid for by the parent
- If a parent wishes retain the place and the hours the child normally attends pre-school a retainer charge of £5 per week is payable to secure these hours. If the parent wishes to do this they must notify pre-school otherwise we cannot guarantee these hours will be available.
5. The parent should notify pre-school of the date the child will be returning at least a week before the date of return.
If you no longer require a place at pre-school please inform us in writing ASAP.
Where the half term fees invoice has been paid, the parent can request either a refund of the balance due to them or carry this over to the next half terms’ invoice.
Where a parent wishes to make a donation in addition to the retainer charged this is possible and the parent should discuss this with the pre-school manager as we may be able to claim Gift Aid on this amount.
This policy will come into effect from February 12th 2021