We are looking forward to seeing you all in September and meeting all our new families and children starting with us during this term.
Pre-School starts on Wednesday 8th September.
We have made a slight change to how you can use your funding from the start of the Autumn term if you choose. To support working parents or those who have to do multiple school pick ups and drop offs we have made the decision that will allow you to use Government Funding (eligible 2 and 3 &4 year olds) to pay for Wrap Around care at Breakfast & Tea Time Clubs. Anyone not in receipt of funding will be invoiced at the present rate for these sessions. Breakfast or tea will be charged at the present rate and must be booked & paid for for the term in advance.
We have been waiting for any changes in Government Guidance regarding early years settings for September but as yet these have not materialised. We have therefore decided to make a few small changes to how we operate; choosing to take things slowly in order to protect our staff, children and families.
- We have removed the staggered start and finish times. Therefore times will be 9-12 or 1; 12-3; 9-3. Breakfast is 8am open and tea time is 4.30 finish. Hope this makes sense.
- At the start of sessions children will still enter via the bottom door where they can be welcomed individually, wash their hands and join their friends at play. If you feel it is necessary to come into the setting at this point to settle your child you should make this request to the practitioner at the door. You will be asked to wear a mask inside the setting.
- At the end of sessions you can, if you choose, come into the setting to collect your child, have a look round and become familiar with things again. If you wish to do this we ask that you wear a face mask or visor and don’t touch anything not related to your child. If you aren’t able to wear a face mask we ask that you wait outside and we will bring your child out to you. If you decide to come into the building we ask that you keep your time inside to a minimum.
- Staff will have the option to continue to wear face masks or visors.
- We will continue to sanitise resources daily and carry out a weekly deep clean of the setting. We ask that you don’t allow your child & younger siblings to play on our outdoor equipment as they arrive or leave the setting as these will have been sanitised.
- We will still have hand sanitiser at the gate for you to use before entering.
- All children will need to bring a new water bottle that is clearly labelled with their child’s name and will be kept at pre-school.
- Changing bags must only be brought in for children who really need them if they are in nappies or transitioning to use the toilet. Again these should be clearly labelled on the outside of the bag and will be kept at pre-school & not taken home daily.
After a year of taking the washing daily the staff have asked if this can be transferred back to the parents. We will therefore be asking for parents to volunteer to take a bag of laundry, tea towels, rags etc. each week to wash – No ironing required. We will put a rota up on the black double doors outside for you to sign up for a convenient slot. Please help us with this task. It really is important that we are supported with this and we are soooo grateful to everyone for this help. Thank You
Wednesday morning sessions at Forest School are very popular and almost fully booked. Jo will be sending out dates and any other information as the term starts. There is No Forest School in the first week.
There are limited places on some other morning sessions as well so don’t delay if you are planning on increasing your child’s sessions during the 21/22 year.
We will update you as things change or we receive alternative guidance.
See you all soon
Jane & Team