Welcome to Ridings Pre-School Newsletter. We send out news and reminders both by email and on facebook. If you use facebook and would like to see what the children get up to each week we do tend to put photos on here. Please make a friend request to our private page so you can access this extra information and give us some likes and comments on what we are doing.
8th September — 22nd October
1st November —- 17th December
10th January —– 18th February –
28th February —– 8th April
25th April ———– 27th May
6th June ———— 19th July
May 2nd is a Bank Holiday and pre-school will be closed
Covid risk assessments have been updated in line with Government guidance and can be found on our website. Can we please ask that just one adult comes to the setting at drop-off and pick-up times to maintain social distancing on the playground. If you wish to come into the setting at pick up time please wear a face mask. We have hand sanitiser at the gate for you to use prior to entering the premises. Thank You for your support in helping to keep all our families and staff safe.
Please remember if you come inside to collect your child to check their tray for any letters or artwork.
Wrap Around sessions are happening on Mondays and Tuesdays at present and you can use your funding to pay for these. We can add more days if we get the demand.
Don’t forget on arrival at pre-school to look on the black tuff spot for your child’s name card and support them as they begin to recognise their name and move it on to the white board. This is all supportive of early literacy skills.
You will also find the Laundry rota on here. Please help us out by volunteering to take the washing one week.
In Early Years we have new statutory framework thats come into place from September and there are a few things you may need to be aware of. This framework states that as well as smoking; vaping and e-cigarettes must not be used at the setting including outside.
Also we have to introduce consideration for children’s oral hygiene. We will therefore be working with the children on this, but will not be introducing teeth cleaning sessions. Kayleigh will be putting up a display outside for you to look at and see if there is anything there that might be of use to you. Again we ask that you support our requests for healthy lunch boxes and would suggest that you add a cube of cheese that they can munch on at the end of lunch as this acts as a neutraliser on the teeth.
Alongside this there is an emphasis on making sure that the teachers spend as much time as possible working directly with the children, playing with them to develop attachments and a deep level of knowledge of each of their key children and an overall understanding of all the settings children. There is no longer a requirement to make lots of records to evidence children’s progress. Going forwards children’s Learning Journeys will have less content but the staff will have a greater understanding of children and we will be looking at how they can pass this on verbally on a more regular basis.
If you are planning to increase your child’s sessions during the year please speak with Jane as soon as possible as some sessions are already capped
These are the updated procedures from the 6th Sept 21. Procedures 02 and 06 have been amended only
September 8th —– 22nd October
1st November —– 17th December
10th January ——- 18th February
28th February —— 8th April
25th April ———— 27th May
6th June ————- 19th July
May 2nd is a Bank holiday and pre-school will be closed.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in September and meeting all our new families and children starting with us during this term.
Pre-School starts on Wednesday 8th September.
We have made a slight change to how you can use your funding from the start of the Autumn term if you choose. To support working parents or those who have to do multiple school pick ups and drop offs we have made the decision that will allow you to use Government Funding (eligible 2 and 3 &4 year olds) to pay for Wrap Around care at Breakfast & Tea Time Clubs. Anyone not in receipt of funding will be invoiced at the present rate for these sessions. Breakfast or tea will be charged at the present rate and must be booked & paid for for the term in advance.
We have been waiting for any changes in Government Guidance regarding early years settings for September but as yet these have not materialised. We have therefore decided to make a few small changes to how we operate; choosing to take things slowly in order to protect our staff, children and families.
- We have removed the staggered start and finish times. Therefore times will be 9-12 or 1; 12-3; 9-3. Breakfast is 8am open and tea time is 4.30 finish. Hope this makes sense.
- At the start of sessions children will still enter via the bottom door where they can be welcomed individually, wash their hands and join their friends at play. If you feel it is necessary to come into the setting at this point to settle your child you should make this request to the practitioner at the door. You will be asked to wear a mask inside the setting.
- At the end of sessions you can, if you choose, come into the setting to collect your child, have a look round and become familiar with things again. If you wish to do this we ask that you wear a face mask or visor and don’t touch anything not related to your child. If you aren’t able to wear a face mask we ask that you wait outside and we will bring your child out to you. If you decide to come into the building we ask that you keep your time inside to a minimum.
- Staff will have the option to continue to wear face masks or visors.
- We will continue to sanitise resources daily and carry out a weekly deep clean of the setting. We ask that you don’t allow your child & younger siblings to play on our outdoor equipment as they arrive or leave the setting as these will have been sanitised.
- We will still have hand sanitiser at the gate for you to use before entering.
- All children will need to bring a new water bottle that is clearly labelled with their child’s name and will be kept at pre-school.
- Changing bags must only be brought in for children who really need them if they are in nappies or transitioning to use the toilet. Again these should be clearly labelled on the outside of the bag and will be kept at pre-school & not taken home daily.
After a year of taking the washing daily the staff have asked if this can be transferred back to the parents. We will therefore be asking for parents to volunteer to take a bag of laundry, tea towels, rags etc. each week to wash – No ironing required. We will put a rota up on the black double doors outside for you to sign up for a convenient slot. Please help us with this task. It really is important that we are supported with this and we are soooo grateful to everyone for this help. Thank You
Wednesday morning sessions at Forest School are very popular and almost fully booked. Jo will be sending out dates and any other information as the term starts. There is No Forest School in the first week.
There are limited places on some other morning sessions as well so don’t delay if you are planning on increasing your child’s sessions during the 21/22 year.
We will update you as things change or we receive alternative guidance.
See you all soon
Jane & Team
We wanted to share with you some of the comments we received from parents this year. They come from messages written by those who had children leaving to move on to school as well as some from parents of children who are returning next year.
‘To the ladies who make my days here so much fun’
‘ You have all gone above & beyond is keeping us all safe & sane during a global pandemic’
‘. Thank you for helping me to grow’
‘ you haven’t just taught our children to be better children, you’ve taught us how to parent’
‘ You are the best decision we ever made’
There are so many more words that we have been sent so it has been difficult to pick out just a handful. These messages of support mean so much to the staff team and especially after what has been an extraordinary year for us all. We are always humbled by the being given the responsibility of caring for and teaching your young children and the last 18 months have been quite something.
Thank You to you all for your continued support. Jane
Finish Friday 28th May
Restart – Monday June 7th
Break up for summer Friday 16th July
Pre-School will restart on Wednesday 8th September
School Transition Visits
Next term sees some of our children leave and move on to school. As part of this preparation they will be invited to their new school for a series of visits. If you haven’t already let us know when your child is going could you drop us a line so we are aware and can plan for this.
If your child is in school for a morning and then returning to pre-school they will need to have their clothes changed prior to arriving at the setting and must not bring anything with them from the school.
On Tuesday 13th July we will be holding a party in the afternoon for our children leaving to go to school in September. This will be a Pirates & Princesses party and the children can come dressed up for this. Hopefully we will be at The Hideaway for this and will round it off with a sing song for parents who may want to join us. Children who are not leaving but attend on a Tuesday afternoon will be able to take part these celebrations.
Wet weather contingencies will be planned if needed. We will send out more information nearer the time.
There is NO Forest School session on Wednesday 23rd June This will instead be a session in pre-school.
Can you have a think about sessions for September and if you want to make changes or increase hours. Please put this in writing and send it in ASAP and help us to make plans going forwards.
Thank You to those who donated items from our wish list. These items help to relieve some of the costs we are facing in the light of loss of income from the impact of Covid-19.
Amazon Smile has raised £8.75
Easyfundraising has raised in excess of £165
Thank You to everyone who uses these apps and helps raise money for pre-school. Every little helps!!!!
We still have all our safety practices in place and will do till the end of the year. Thank You to everyone who is helping to keep our children, families and staff safe by following our guidance and additional risk assessments.
If your child has come home in any of the pre-school’s spare clothing could you return it ASAP as we are getting short of items including pants and joggers/leggings.
Well Done to Keeley & Kayleigh who have recently completed their Paedeatric First Aid training.
Thank You for Your Support
This policy is an Addendum to the existing Fees policy.
This policy is necessary as the Government has decided that pre-school should remain open for all children during the current lockdown. We appreciate that our families have different needs and priorities so some may decide they do not wish/need their children to attend at this time. However pre-school still has ongoing running costs such as rent, insurance, utilities etc that have to be paid in order for pre-school to remain sustainable in the future.
If the child is not attending during this period of time but parents wish to retain the place the following applies:
1. The parent must notify Ridings Pre-School immediately if they decide their child will not be attending during the lockdown period.
2. Where the child’s hours are fully funded from Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire County Council are presently continuing to pay the funding for these children, the parent needs to confirm they wish to retain the place for the child to return to in the future.
3. Where the child’s hours are part paid for by the parent and part funded from Derbyshire County Council
- If the parent wishes to retain the hours for which they pay fees a retainer charge of £5 per week is payable to secure these hours. If the parent wishes to do this they must notify pre-school of this otherwise we cannot guarantee these hours will be available when the child returns.
- The portion of fees funded by Derbyshire County Council will continue to be paid in the same way.
4. Where the child’s hours are fully paid for by the parent
- If a parent wishes retain the place and the hours the child normally attends pre-school a retainer charge of £5 per week is payable to secure these hours. If the parent wishes to do this they must notify pre-school otherwise we cannot guarantee these hours will be available.
5. The parent should notify pre-school of the date the child will be returning at least a week before the date of return.
If you no longer require a place at pre-school please inform us in writing ASAP.
Where the half term fees invoice has been paid, the parent can request either a refund of the balance due to them or carry this over to the next half terms’ invoice.
Where a parent wishes to make a donation in addition to the retainer charged this is possible and the parent should discuss this with the pre-school manager as we may be able to claim Gift Aid on this amount.
This policy will come into effect from February 12th 2021
These are the updated procedures from the 6th Sept 21. Procedures 02 and 06 have been amended only
7/9/20 – 23/10/20
2/11/20 – 18/12/20
4/1/21 – 12/2/21
19/4/21 – 28/5/21 + 3/5/21 Bank Holiday
7/6/21 – 16/7/21