Pre-School will finish for the summer break on Tuesday 19th July
It will restart on Monday 5th September 2022.
Staff & children are really busy at pre-school during this term with lots happening.
Following on from the Community Scarecrow event we are joining in the Ockbrook in Bloom celebrations. The topic we have been given for this is Save Our Hedgehogs. We have introduced some planting to the fencing and have some artwork being prepared to support this theme. The planters & plants have all been donated by the staff team so a Big Thank You to them for this.
Thank You to Laura who has taken the lead in organising these events for us.
We have our sports event next week and a leavers concert later in the term.
Staff will be writing assessment reports at the end of this term and there will be a significant number of new children inductions taking place as well.
Jayne has asked that children and families attending the sports event can come along prepared for the mornings activities. We have 30 children & 36 adults attending.
Hopefully the weather is going to be kind to us and fingers crossed the sun will shine.
- If it is sunny children must come with sun cream already applied
- They will need a clearly labelled sun hat or waterproof jacket if its damp
- Additional children and parents who are coming to join us on the day should meet us at the cricket ground at the Bakehouse Lane entrance. Do not come to pre-school.
- This is a mobile event so no chairs are supplied. If you need to bring a chair please do so but you will be moving round the activities with the children
- Weather permitting car parking will be available on the cricket field however if it has been wet in previous days you may need to use the back of the Queens Head car park. Please don’t park on Bakehouse Lane.
- Cameras & photos – You can only take photos of your own child unless you have personally asked another child’s parent if you can include them in your picture. Do not take photos of children other than this.
- We will be providing a drink & snack for the children but unfortunately don’t have facilities to provide for the adults so you may want to bring your own drink.
- We are planning on the event lasting around 1-1 1/2 hours
- Please bring your flat shoes/trainers to fully embrace the event!!!
We have recently received income from Amazon Smile £5.51 & easyfundraising £84.46. Big Thank You to everyone who has signed up to these. If you haven’t already done so please give it consideration and help the pre-school to raise funds when you shop without it costing you a penny.
Intergenerational Sessions have started again this week. 6 children & 2 staff visited the residents at Willowcroft Care Home in Spondon where they spent an hour enjoying colouring, completing jigsaws, playing balloon games & singing songs. The residents were really quite emotional at spending time with these young children and the care home staff were extremely appreciative that we had make this contact with them. These outings continue to be supported by funding from the OckAsh charity group. We have just 2 more visits planned for this term as long as everything goes to plan. Well done to Jayne who has worked hard to get this back up and running again.
The pre-school had a gazebo at the recent Jubilee Event on the cricket field. Hopefully you managed to Hook a Duck or participate in one of the other activities there. Thank You to the parents & supporters who made this event happen. I think they would have appreciated the help of a few more parents during the afternoon so that the load was spread. However if you didn’t manage to volunteer at this event there will be opportunity to join in at the Summer Fayre in July. We do all this for the benefit of your pre-school child so they can have quality and plentiful resources that are used in their play & learning in an environment that is safe, warm and taught by a qualified and highly skilled staff team.
Sessions for September & 2023 are filling up with some sessions already being at capacity. Please let us know if your child won’t be requiring their sessions next year as we have a waiting list already in operation for those days.
If you are looking to use any of our wrap around sessions please get these booked asap.
We are out of play sand at present so if anyone is able to donate a bag for the children to play in we would be very grateful.